Thursday, March 11, 2010

"Dear John"



Today was interesting. Well, the end was. My best friend/boyfriend, JD, took me to see the movie "Dear John." I have wanted to see this movie for months and he finally decided to take me. I had an idea of what the movie would be about, but I did not know how I would feel after I had seen it. It was an extremely sad movie and I am sort of regretting watching it, especially with Jd. He is going to school to be a military chaplain, so this film made both of us really think about our future. It really scares me to think that the storyline was real. This kind of thing actually happens in real life. What kind of person would I be if I ever let this happen to us? The whole ride back to campus was horribley quiet. Niether of us had much to say. I wish that we had ended up seeing another movie. I can say one thing though. My cowboy looked REALLY good in his black button-up shirt, black hat, and black boots :] He actually looked pretty amazing! I am excited for Spring Break, Jd gets to meet my family. We have only been dating for about 2 months but i want my parents to finally meet my "best friend." He is the one person that has been there for me EVERY single time that I needed a friend. Even if it was just to sit there and listen, he has always been there.


One thing I have learned today is that you should realize what you have while it's there because oneday, that can change and everything could be taken away from you.


Proverbs 3:5, 6
Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and Lean not unto thy own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths

3 comments:

  1. i love you so much kara leigh, i can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you. i know it may not be easy and i know it'll have its challenges but i know i'm willing to do whats necessary to make things work. i'm not afraid love, and i know i want to be with you.

    ReplyDelete